|Posted by Rosemary Rogers on March 11, 2017 at 12:00 AM|
The Mooresville Arts Partnership is excited to announce a new partnership with Jennifer Whitlow and Dynamic Tots Music Therapy. Ms. Jennifer and her board certified instructors are bringing music classes for children 5 and under to our 2017 Schedule.
Dynamic Tots Early Childhood Music Class
Who Participates: Children 6 week-5 years old with a caregiver - Siblings are welcome at a discounted rate
Children typical functioning and developmentally delayed welcome!
What we will do:
- Play instruments
- Move to music
- Work on literacy skills
- Socialize with peers
- Strengthen academic skills
- Bond with caregiver AND MORE!
Why Early Childhood Music:
- Music stimulates all of the senses
- Involves the child at many levels
- Facilities many developmental skills
- Allows the children to learn and participate through play
- Highly motivating, but can have a calming and relaxing effect
- Helps kids feel good about self
- Manage pain and stressful situations
- Can encourage socialization, self-expression, communication, and motor development
- Because the brain processes music in both hemispheres, music can stimulate cognitive functioning and may be used for remediation of some speech/language skills
Class length: 35-45 minutes